ProStrakan is going through an exceptional time. With three product launches expected over the next three years and further new product development combined with excellent international growth rates, we are providing a great platform for today and our future.
The strength behind the firm's success and future opportunities is the highly committed and skilled staff, supported by parent company Kyowa Hakko Kirin - a Japanese speciality pharmaceutical company, whose substantial reinvestment into R&D is creating products at both early and late stage development. This prosperous time at ProStrakan includes developing new teams, new departments and moving into exciting new areas. The Finance team plays a pivotal role in supporting this impressive growth and currently has a newly created opportunity for a Tax Manager to be part of this progressive environment.
The UK/International Tax Manager will manage the UK group tax compliance process, supporting the development of the Group’s tax strategy and delivery of international compliance obligations.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing UK corporate tax returns and European VAT returns
- Review and manage UK VAT returns
- Responsibility for the operational implementation of the Group Transfer Pricing (TP) policy, as well as the review of intercompany arrangements and transfer pricing documentation
- Establishment/maintenance of documented policies in order for the Senior Accounting Officer (“SAO”) to sign a “clean” certificate
- Assist the Group Finance Team with quarterly and annual production of current and deferred tax numbers and disclosures for financial statements
- Primary point of contact in respect of tax for statutory auditors
- Responsible for tax assumptions and logic in models used for business planning purposes (g. budgets and assessment of business development opportunities)
- Provide technical tax support to all areas of the UK business / Group as required
- Support delivery of international compliance obligations (g. Country by Country Reporting)
- Assist with the continued development of the Group’s tax strategy, including monitoring legislative policy developments (g. BEPS)
As an ideal candidate for this role, you will have a Professional Accountancy/Tax Qualification with a minimum of 2 years PQE, together with:
- Good team player attitude, being able to build and maintain strong relationships within the organisation and with external advisors
- Good organisational and communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Forward thinker and resourceful
- Big 4 tax practice background desirable but not essential
- Corporate tax and VAT experience required with international tax, transfer pricing and patent box experience desirable
- Good technical (tax/accounting) knowledge, including proven track record of interpreting complex tax issues and practical IFRS/FRS 101 experience
- Excellent IT skills and abilities – current systems in use Microsoft Dynamics, Excel
- Able to deliver accurate results within tight deadlines
You will be rewarded with a competitive package and be based in Galashiels within the beautiful Scottish Borders; only an hours commute from Edinburgh. This role will also offer the opportunity for European travel.
Please contact [email protected] or call 0141 611 7770 to register your interest or discuss this excellent opportunity in more detail.