Aggreko plc is the leading global provider of modular, mobile power and adjacent product solutions, employing more than 7,300 people and operating from 204 locations. Aggreko plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (AGK.L) and is headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland.
In 2015, Aggreko we served customers in about 100 countries and had revenues of approximately GBP 1.6bn (USD 2.6bn or Euros 2.0bn). The company is comprised of two business units: Rental Solutions and Power Solutions.
The Treasury function’s primary accountabilities are for ensuring the availability of funds in appropriate currencies to meet the Group’s day-to-day commitments, managing the Group’s investments and borrowings to minimise the cost of debt and protecting Group from adverse movements in foreign exchange and interest rates.
It executes around £10bn of financial markets transactions each year in an environment secure from operational risk. The Group Treasury team works closely with the business to help the implementation of processes to manage their exposures to market risks in their day-to-day operations and when they are tendering for contracts.
Reporting to the Group Treasurer & Director of Risk Management, the role is split into the following key areas:
Treasury Support for Business Unit:
- Provide treasury support to business units on risk management relating to currency and funding
- Provide support in setting up procedures and processes for banking and cash management activities within new and existing operations and ensure a good controls environment in that area
- Manage the issuance of bonds and guarantees and related enforcement, and be responsible for the control, management and reporting thereof for business units
- Provide advice and analysis necessary to establish operations in new territories, including development of financial models for efficient and effective funding and cash flow management
- Develop an awareness of treasury issues within business unit operations and liaise closely to provide ad hoc support generally, including ensuring proper interaction with tax, finance and legal
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Report Treasury activities including compliance with Treasury policies, Treasury operations and related risk management measures, monitoring of hedge positions under IAS39 and compliance with the provisions of internal and external financing arrangements
- Provide Treasury statutory reporting and provide accounting data to the finance function as required
- Provide holiday and absence cover for the management of day to day global Treasury operations including cash and debt management, Treasury dealing and short term forecasting
- Support and deputise for the Group Treasurer and other members of Treasury as required.
- Liaise with other central functions, such as tax and legal on Treasury matters.
- Promote and execute operation improvement initiatives and performance measures both at Group Treasury and in the treasury and insurance processes
To apply for this role, applicants must hold a professional Treasury or Accounting qualification or have significant experience of a similar role in a large, international company.
Other desirable skills and experience include:
- Knowledge of electronic banking systems, payment processes or trade finance instruments
- Experience of writing requests for approval or reports to be presented to the Group Board
- Familiar with 360T, Wallstreet, MYSIS and RBS Bankline systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
It is essential that the individual has good business acumen, complemented by pragmatism and common sense. In addition, applicants must demonstrate a record of consistent career performance, clarity of thinking and analytical capability.
Desired behaviours and attributes include:
- Honest, open and good at working in a team
- Takes a pride in their work and personal responsibility for fulfilling commitments
- Can communicate clearly and work accurately with pace and focus
- Able to make quick but well-considered decisions in a fast moving environment
- A thorough, well organised person who is calm, works methodically and remains positive under pressure.
What’s on offer:
This is a rare and sought after opportunity to work for one of Scotland’s leading corporates and one which provides significant opportunities for personal development. Aggreko is offering a highly competitive basic salary plus up to 60% bonus, matched pension, family private health insurance, sharesave scheme and a number of other excellent benefits.
To discuss in confidence or register your interest, please contact the retained advisor on this assignment, Sandra McKinnon, on [email protected] or call 0141 611 7770.
Please note that all third party or direct applications will be forwarded to Rutherford Cross for inclusion in the assessment process.