Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient.
Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customised solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
Howden are now recruiting a Treasury Manager to be based in Glasgow. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified / experienced treasury professional who is looking to advance their career. This role reports to the Head of Group Treasury.
As Treasury Manager, you will be responsible for the ongoing management of the Group’s short-term liquidity, debt servicing and transactional FX risk management. You will be primary dealer for the management of the Group’s FX derivative transactions ensuring all trades are executed promptly, at competitive pricing and settled within respective currency cut-off times. You will provide support to the Group’s Business Units and Shared Service Centre with regards to all aspects of Treasury related activities and liaise with external bank counterparties/stakeholders ensuring compliance with Treasury SOX Control policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily management of Group’s multi-currency cash pools and funding maintaining sufficient operational liquidity in the Group’s Business Units.
- Management and execution of the Groups’ Foreign Exchange transactions to hedge transactional FX risk in Group Business Units.
- Maintenance of static data within the Groups’ Treasury Management System and other Treasury related systems to meet the operational and control requirements of the Treasury function.
- Management of the Groups’ inter-company loan accounts and all documentation relating to Treasury Dealing mandates and inter-company loan agreements.
- Monthly management of the Groups’ inter-company netting process to ensure the efficient settlement of inter- company trading balances between non-restricted Business Units.
- Provide support to Group Business Units in respect of their Bank Guarantee issuance requirements under the Groups’ centralised Trade Finance facilities.
- Manage Treasury monthly reporting requirements within the Global Finance reporting deadlines.
- Support team with any wider Treasury/Finance related projects, such as M&A and subsequent integration activities.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with Treasury SOX Control policies.
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours:
- Experience of working in the Treasury department of a large multi-national organisation.
- Experience of working with Treasury Management Systems and electronic banking platforms.
- Competent with Microsoft software packages (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Highly motivated with a conscientious and diligent work ethos.
- A continuous improvement mind-set with an ongoing desire to use technology to improve and streamline processes.
- Ability to work across functions and communicate effectively with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks effectively with good attention to detail.
- ACT qualified/part qualified or similar Treasury related qualification.
Remuneration and Recruitment Process
Basic Salary: £Competitive
Company Pension: Company Pension Scheme
Holiday Entitlement: 28 days of Holiday entitlement and 5 Public Holiday's
Healthcare: Health care cash plan
Life Assurance: Life Assurance Benefit scheme at 3x salary
Further Benefits: My Howden Benefits & Wellbeing Portal
Second Medial Opinion and Physiotherapy
Help @ hand Portal
Initial interviews will be with our retained advisors at Rutherford Cross. For more information on remuneration please contact Amy Ferguson at Rutherford Cross. Contact details are as follows:
T: 07535 091 141 or E: [email protected]