Rutherford Cross are excited to be supporting a sporting organisation based in St Andrews to appoint a Treasury Manager.
Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller, you will be working as part of a busy finance team providing high quality financial information, advice and support to various internal and external stakeholders. The main purpose of this role is to provide efficient and effective accounting and administrative support and to manage the daily operations of the Treasury function. This is a new role in the business and provides an opportunity to contribute to the delivery of the financial plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and managing our bank relationships and cash management relationships.
- Daily cash management.
- Preparation and monitoring of cash flow forecasts for all area of the organisation.
- Working closely with the Group Financial Controller, the Accounts Payable / Accounts
- Receivable teams to manage liquidity.
- Managing foreign currency exposure across the organisation.
- Managing the programme of forward currency contracts.
- Assessing and managing the funding of capital projects.
- Managing any borrowings and debt facilities.
- Administration of bank accounts across the organisation including BACS.
- Assisting with the process of approving supplier payments.
- Assisting with the evaluation of new projects and business opportunities.
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts under accounting standard FRS102 as
- they relate to treasury matters.
- Working with the Group Financial Controller on accounting and disclosures for foreign
- exchange contracts under FRS102.
- Liaising with senior management across the organisation.
- Working closely with teams across the business in providing first class treasury information
- and support.
- Preparation of financial reports for Board and Committee meetings.
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- Fully qualified accountant (CA/ACCA).
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a treasury function.
- Understanding and experience of treasury accounting, including foreign exchange, liquidity
- and cash flow.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Desirable Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of preparing accounts under FRS102.
- Knowledge of Oracle NetSuite or a similar accounting system.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Dynamic individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently managing stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to assess, apply judgement and respond to situations accordingly.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation skills.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Able to respect confidentiality and show discretion.
- Able to show strong initiative, drive and resilience.
- Prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ in delivering service on time and to the highest standards.