Rutherford Cross is delighted to be supporting Loch Lomond Group to recruit a Finance Analyst with a focus on the Payroll function. The Loch Lomond Group is an independent distiller and blender with an exceptional family of distinctive spirits and champagnes produced in iconic Scottish locations. Its heritage is amongst the oldest in the industry, with a history that goes back to at least 1772 with the founding of the Littlemill distillery.
Loch Lomond Whiskies led the fastest-growing top 25 single malt brands globally and have seen consistent growth for many years previous. This role is a direct response to the Groups success and growth. The role will include responsibilities of carrying out and coordinating required analysis of expenses and payroll processes, working with HMRC payments and other regulatory bodies on PAYE related submissions and playing a leading role in process improvement.
Key Responsibilities and Main Accountabilities:
- Carrying out and coordinating required analysis of expenses and payroll processes
- Working with HMRC and other regulatory bodies on PAYE related submissions and payments
- Playing a leading role in process improvement and sharing knowledge with users
- Producing and maintaining monthly payroll checklist of all PAYE and regulatory deadlines
- Responsibility for coordinating with the team to ensure deadlines are met
- Ownership of all expense procedures
- Assisting with HR related matters
- Inputting starters & leavers data and producing P45’s, P46’s
- Calculating statutory maternity pay, sick pay and any salary sacrifices
- Answering any queries from HMRC and Job Centre
- Other duties as required including supporting the month end process, wages and salary processing, and supporting the implementation of new systems as appropriate
Thoughts on Preferred Candidate:
The ideal candidate is someone who will enjoy a challenging role as part of an ambitious and talented team, relish the variety which comes with being part of a small but high performing finance team, and someone who will thrive in a proactive environment.
- Experience working in a finance team
- Must have excellent IT skills and be competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team
- Demonstratable time management skills
- Growth mindset with strong communication skills
- Ideally, the candidate will have prior Payroll experience or experience within HR
- Experience of working in FMCG environment is desirable but not essential
- The right person for the role will enjoy working in a very fast-paced office environment, relish the fact that no two days are ever the same and be able to pay great attention to detail
This role provides an opportunity to join a highly desirable sector in a position that is primed for progression. On offer is a salary of up to £27,000 alongside study support and other great additional benefits. The role will be Hybrid with the office based in Catrine. If you are interested in this role or wish to have a confidential discussion, please contact [email protected].