Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering on an exclusive basis with a global drinks Group to appoint a Tax Manager, who will be based at their operational Headquarters just outside Glasgow.
The postholder will manage, structure and control the Group’s tax affairs to ensure tax risks are identified, minimised and communicated to key stakeholders. They will assist in managing the other overseas entities tax affairs and be the Group’s first point of contact for corporate and other tax advice.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Group’s direct and indirect tax compliance with particular focus on the UK, Ireland and Africa, meeting all statutory deadlines and requirements. This will be including the preparation / review and submission of corporation tax returns for each entity, either internally or through outsourced arrangements
- Undertake the financial statement year-end group process for tax, including the preparation of provisional tax returns, group consolidation schedules, accounting for current and deferred tax and related tax disclosures
- Manage tax payment forecasting and quarterly tax payment process and assist with the management of tax audits
- Manage and submit the group’s ATED, P11d, PSA, VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat returns, SAO compliance, and prevention of fraud and off payroll working requirements as well as providing assistance and advice in the operation of other taxes applicable to the group
- Assist in the drafting and review of transfer pricing documentation. Manage the drafting and submission of the annual country-by-country report. Take ownership of the creation / updating of benchmarking studies to evidence internal margins made across the business.
- Build relationships with external tax advisors, HMRC and develop strong day-to-day working relationships across the Group and Central Services and delivering training where necessary
- Assist with the delivery and development of the Group’s tax strategy. Develop and review appropriate policies and procedures to minimise the risk of tax audit challenge by tax authorities
- Ensure that appropriate tax technology is used where it will reduce the impact of routine administrative matters and meet the requirements of the move to digital taxation
- Monitor changes in tax law and advise on any impact these changes will have on the group. Be aware of any other global tax changes which are likely to impact the group
- Support with the review of payroll calculations and payments for a number of the overseas payrolls. Provide guidance in relation to overseas payroll taxes and set up of foreign payrolls
- Represent Finance in cross functional projects, for example, GDPR, D&I
The successful candidate will hold a CA/CTA with extensive knowledge of UK tax and an understanding of international tax. You will have experience of managing UK tax compliance process (including year-end audit) and an understanding of VAT and UK employment tax.
You will be able to influence and engage leaders and other key stakeholders and have an organised approach, with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
The postholder will receive a generous benefits package including flexible working and product allowance.
For more information or to have a confidential discussion, please contact Eleanor Turner on 07799 462326 / [email protected]