Rutherford Cross are delighted to be supporting a biotechnology company in Ayr to recruit a Tax Manager – EMEA.
Due to continued growth, this is a newly created position within our client’s business. This position is responsible for oversight of all areas of tax within the EMEA region for the business, including: tax provision, tax compliance, transfer pricing & VAT. This position will report directly to the Group Finance Director with a dotted line to the US Tax Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting external accounting firm in preparation of all required income tax returns. This includes oversight of all required workpapers and review of completed returns.
- Work with external accounting firms and international accountants to review year-end income tax provisions.
- Provide required data to third party accounting firm and review annual intercompany transfer pricing studies. Perform interim reviews (quarterly) of intercompany transactions. Provide input and execution into transfer pricing policy and contracts, as required.
- Oversee preparation and filing of all VAT returns with controlling or third party.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of income tax and VAT accounts.
- Research income tax and VAT issues and report on findings; provide recommendations on tax saving strategies to senior management.
- Understand systems requirements related to income tax and VAT; monitor changes.
- Oversee all inquiries and audits for income tax and VAT.
- Assist in month-end close process.
- Assist in quarterly and year-end financial and internal control audits.
- Assist internal business partners as needed on tax issues; advise Accounts Payable, Purchasing and Accounts Receivable departments as needed.
- Basic discovery and pursuit of incentives within region.
- Ensure all required corporate filings are submitted to the appropriate agency.
- Assist Senior Management with financial analysis and special projects.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
There is a competitive salary on offer as well as an excellent overall benefits package. We are looking to speak with tax professionals working within industry or the profession who are looking to advance their career in a growing business.
Please reach out to Amy Ferguson at [email protected] for a confidential discussion around this opportunity.