Rutherford Cross is delighted to be exclusively partnered with an exciting organisation, an employer of choice in the aviation industry, to launch a search for a Tax Advisor. The job, based in Edinburgh (with some flexibility on remote working post pandemic) requires an individual to work on the tax compliance for a multinational group, within a small tax team of 3.
The ideal candidate could either be a first mover from a firm, or a candidate who is currently working within a tax team in an industry setting. You would be required to take responsibility for preparing and submitting the corporation tax computations, calculation of current and deferred tax provisions, preparing the group’s transfer pricing documentation and country-by-country reporting, as well as inputting into tax aspects of wider business activities.
- Preparation and submission of UK tax computations and returns.
- Working alongside the team to prepare the current and deferred tax provisions for the group annual report and the statutory accounts of the subsidiaries.
- Preparation of group tax forecasts on a regular basis and assisting with the tax aspects of financial reporting to the markets.
- Preparation of the group transfer pricing documentation and compliance with country-by-country reporting requirements.
- Assisting with ad hoc corporate, VAT, employment tax and stamp tax queries.
- Supporting with monitoring of tax governance, controls and procedures across the group.
- Undertaking tax technical research as required.
- As the group operates in 34 different countries throughout the world, the role offers the individual the chance to support on ad hoc tax queries and develop knowledge and experience of international taxes.
Candidate requirements (essential):
- Corporate Tax experience at assistant manager level.
- Proven experience using specialist tax software.
- CTA or CA Qualified.
Candidate requirements (preferred):
- Tax accounting experience.
- Understanding of tax governance processes that impact a large multi-national group.
- Experience in preparing, or advising on the preparation of, transfer pricing documentation and country-by-country reports.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, car allowance and a generous benefits package. If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Amy Peoples, on 07494 280 152, or [email protected].