Pernod Ricard is a leading company in the global wines and spirits industry with over 19,000 employees globally. The business owns 16 of the world’s top 100 Spirits Brands and holds one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the industry with 240 premium brands available in over 160 countries, including: Absolut vodka, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater, Malfy and Monkey 47 gins, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes as well as Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate and Campo Viejo wines.
In the UK, Pernod Ricard is made up of 3 businesses:
- Chivas Brothers, the largest brand company in the Group, responsible for the production and management of our award-winning Scotch whisky portfolio
- Pernod Ricard UK, which markets, sells and distributes our products in the UK market
- Pernod Ricard Global Travel Retail, the global and EMEA home of the group’s duty free, air travel and cruises business
The organisation has 2,000 employees in the UK, with offices in Glasgow and London and various distilleries and production sites across the UK from Speyside to Plymouth.
This position sits in the Chivas Brothers business. At Chivas Brothers, the 1,600-strong team across 27 sites is committed to upholding the heritage of Scotch and ensuring its sustainable future, as well as opening it up to new audiences across the globe.
Chivas Brothers are looking for an experienced tax professional to join their in-house tax team to support the Tax Manager with the corporate tax accounting, reporting and compliance obligations of the Group. Whilst the main focus of the role will be in direct tax, there will be a requirement to also support on employment tax and VAT compliance matters and full support will be provided to the Tax Accountant on these areas as required.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to develop a wide skill set across multiple taxes.
- Wider tax & corporate accounting team
- Finance teams
- Tax authorities & external tax advisors
- Professional accounting/tax qualification, or significant equivalent experience
- Technically strong tax professional with experience of corporation tax and tax accounting, gained within a similar environment in industry or practice
- Proficient with use of computer-based tax return packages (ideally Alphatax)
- Understanding and previous experience of dealing with employment tax and/or VAT compliance matters
- Understanding of tax governance processes that impact a large multi-national group
- Strong Excel and accounting system knowledge (ideally Oracle)
- Strong analytical and research skills, and ability to use IT effectively
- Detail oriented and confident when analysing complex data
- Flexible attitude, ability to respond to deadlines and prioritise as necessary
- Self-motivated with the ability to take ownership of own workload and use initiative
- Confidence to communicate with people at all levels across the business
- Preparation of tax returns for a portfolio of UK companies
- Analysis of accounting information for inclusion in tax computations
- Preparation of current and deferred tax notes for inclusion in the statutory accounts
- Preparation of IFRS tax reporting figures for submission to Group
- Preparation of the UK Corporate Interest Restriction return
- Preparation of PAYE Settlement Agreements
- Preparation of the monthly UK Group VAT return
- Oversight of foreign VAT returns prepared by third party agents
- Preparation of quarterly Plastic Packaging Tax returns
- Work with the wider tax team to ensure appropriate local transfer pricing documentation is in place
- Support the Tax Manager and wider Finance team with ad-hoc transactional and project work as required
- Provide advice and support across the business on UK tax matters
- Review of processes and testing of controls to support Senior Accounting Officer reporting obligations
Basic Salary: £Competitive
Company Pension: Minimum employee contribution is 5%. The Company will contribute a further 10% of your reference salary. You may increase the amount which is paid into the Plan via salary sacrifice up to a maximum of 8%. Each additional percentage that is paid in this way will be matched by the Company up to a maximum of 13%
Holiday Entitlement: 25 annual + 11 stats with an option to buy additional holidays
Healthcare: Private Healthcare
Further Benefits: 4% profit related share plan, £444 per annum product allowance, Life Assurance
Initial interviews will be with our retained advisors at Rutherford Cross. For more information on remuneration please contact Amy Ferguson at Rutherford Cross.
Contact details are as follows: T: 07535 091 141 or E: [email protected]