Rutherford Cross is partnering with a leading retail bank to appoint a Senior VAT Analyst for a 12-month fixed term contract.
Working within the Tax team, the postholder will support the team in all aspects of indirect tax (mainly VAT) compliance and advisory work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accurate and timely preparation of the Group’s UK VAT returns
- Developing, improving and maintaining VAT processes
- Providing accurate, comprehensive and prompt VAT advice to Finance and the business
- Accurate and timely preparation of VAT related payment instructions, journals and account reconciliations
- Monitoring changes in VAT legislation and practice to identify potential impacts
- Researching and drafting responses to HMRC queries
- Provision of support to the VAT Manager, Head of Tax and other Tax Managers as required
- Input and adherence to tax risk management procedures
You will need to have:
- Relevant VAT experience gained in a major accounting practice, or from within the Tax department of a financial services company, or with HMRC
- Significant experience of preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Technical knowledge of UK VAT law and practice in relation to financial services
- Good creative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel
- The ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written skills, with an ability to communicate and influence at all levels
This role offers a salary of up to £44,000 DOE and an excellent benefits package.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Eleanor Turner on 07799 462326 / [email protected]