Rutherford Cross is delighted to be supporting one of our key clients, a highly reputable Big 4 firm, to recruit a Senior Tax Manager in Scotland. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified professional with strong corporate tax knowledge to work with some of the biggest and best businesses across a range of sectors including manufacturing, food and drink, energy, and real estate among others.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working as a key member of the team, you will work on and manage a range of projects and clients, including:
- Be market facing with allocated clients and target organisations
- Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and understanding their business in order to build your own external network and create opportunities to help with the provision of tax and other services
- Hold and control high level conversations with senior stakeholders in the markets and be capable of introducing relevant specialists from across the firm
- Liaising with the client service team and with colleagues in other tax disciplines as well as the audit and accounting discipline to provide a co-ordinated service to the client
- Seeking out and pursuing opportunities with targets and actively participating with Directors and Partners in business development activities
- Managing proposals for new work, including delivering tender documents, presenting at client pitches, and identifying solutions for client issues
- Managing aspects of the team’s operations and performance, including resourcing and coaching and developing junior team members
We are ideally looking for an ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualified individual with strong corporate tax knowledge - Note: where CT experience is achieved in absence of qualifications, please consider applying if interested. A competitive salary is on offer as well as a market leading benefits package.
For more information and a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please reach out to Amy Ferguson at [email protected]