Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with one Scotland’s foremost high-end manufacturing businesses to help them appoint a Senior Management Accountant. The business is about to go through a period of significant growth following significant investment both in production and operational capacity, alongside a brand-new head office based between Glasgow & Paisley. Salary up to 50k. The business is a large medium sized entity but retains a family feel.
Ideally, we are looking for a qualified accountant with a couple of years post qualification experience within the manufacturing/FMCG/construction/engineering sectors (any business that produces goods not service providers) who is strong business partner and who can face off with the commercial/sales and operations teams. It would be advantageous if they had knowledge of cost accounting, but it is not a requirement.
- Drive efficiencies and process improvements within the Product Costing process and maintain an activity-based costing process that reflects production complexity and drives improved decision making.
- Partner with the Production teams to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all operational spend, raising challenges and driving course-correction, based on financial and operational information.
- Support the Business Performance Management process across the Production function ensuring the right information is provided to guide delivery of financial and operational targets.
- Supporting profit delivery through assisting the Commercial and Sales teams in preparing costing projections for all customer quotes.
- Delivering Customer, Product and Sector financial performance insight to the Sales Management Teams with the purpose of driving improved business decision making.
- Provide financial input and challenge into CAPEX projects and initiatives ensuring that the financial impact is fully understood, and that investment appraisals and post-completion reviews are carried out.
- Actively promote the Continuous improvement culture, looking for efficiency opportunities through business systems and processes.
- Ensure financial plans are delivered through provision of insightful financial reports and coordinating forecasts ensuring that any risks to financial performance are understood, communicated and appropriately acted on in a timely manner.
- Ensure a robust control environment is in place, constantly strive to improve accounting & control processes.
- Assistance in the preparation of year end audit files and statutory financial reports including completion of the annual corporation tax pack.
- Audit and support of monthly stock counts
- Provide ad hoc financial support to other departments as required.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market leading opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]