Headquartered in Dunfermline, Scotland, Optos plc is a leading medical technology company for the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of retinal imaging devices.
Founded in 1992 and listing on the London Stock exchange in 2006, Optos is a fast growing international company with operations in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Germany and The Netherlands. For the financial year ending in September 2012, Optos reported a 37.1% growth in sales to $196.4 million and 15.9% growth of pre-tax profits to $26.3 million. These excellent results were a result of continued expansion into new markets, coupled with further developing the product portfolio both through acquisition and organic development.
The Senior Financial Analyst role is a newly created position within the Optos office in The Netherlands (Nijmegen) and is a direct result of continuing business diversification and growth. Reporting to the European Financial Controller and with significant interface with the Sales President, the successful individual will be responsible for the provision of high quality financial analysis and business support to the Sales and Marketing teams.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Working with the Senior President of International sales teams to provide analytical support and challenge
- Working with Sales and Marketing to develop pricing strategies for the region through financial and business case modelling
- Strong communication skills being able to deal with people across different geographies
- To develop Management Information / KPIs to monitor the business real time
- To manage and co-ordinate sales forecasting and input into Group budget and forecasting processes
- To provide cost centre support, and so review costs and feed into monthly management reporting
- Provide financial input and planning for new business opportunities.
- Analysis of information to highlight risks and opportunities where applicable to the business
- To develop and administer commission plans
- To understand accounting implications of proposed pricing and input into Group Finance
Who we are looking for
The Senior Financial Analyst position incorporate a blend of accounting, commercial acumen and stakeholder management requiring a high calibre individual who is intellectually sharp, well organised and possesses strong interpersonal ability. Experience of the medical devices industry, although useful is not a pre-requisite. However, it is likely the individual will come from a business background where they will be experienced in the reporting, analytical and planning requirements of a growing international company.
This role is aimed at a qualified accountant who is capable of producing insightful management information (i.e. forecasts, variance analysis, financial models, etc.) coupled with developing good working relationships with key stakeholders. In particular, the individual will have a proven track record in interfacing with Sales & Marketing teams, especially in relation to developing pricing strategies for the region through financial and business case modelling.
Finally, it is essential that the individual displays all the required personal characteristics, especially in demonstrating attention to detail, self-motivation, flexibility and strong team ethic.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant with a record of high academic achievement.
- Financial forecasting, planning and analysis experience.
- Ability to accumulate data from a wide variety of sources, to assess and recommend changes which will enhance profitability or stimulate growth of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Ability to present results in a meaningful format so as to guide the business in the important decision making process.
- Problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight timescales.
- High degree of accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
- Strong team player with flexible attitude to work priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including delivering presentations/training.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications – advanced Excel required.
- Language skills as a minimum English and Dutch
Salary details: €60,000 - €80,000