Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working in partnership with a Glasgow based organisation, with a reputation as a first-rate employer, to appoint a Senior Finance Manager. This Group seeks to break the cycle of poverty and exclusion that many in society still experience. The organisation has a genuinely positive social impact and the role of Senior Finance Manager is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to contribute towards making a difference.
The Finance team provides strategic financial support services to the Group to enable it to achieve its strategic priorities. The post holder will provide an excellent service customers across all areas of finance support including but not limited to decision support, management and project reporting, preparation of budgets and forecasts, financial controls external statutory reporting and compliance, taxation, liaison with internal and external customers and stakeholders and any other duties or requirements that are necessary to ensure a smooth running and effective service that meets the needs of all our customers.
Supporting Subsidiary MDs and Boards
- Developing a proactive and effective working relationship with relevant subsidiary managing director to ensure appropriate and effective financial service support
- Understanding the unique environment of each subsidiary and work proactively with them to support the achievement of their goals
- Supporting effective governance arrangements in our subsidiaries by delivering high quality financial information to Boards, committees and other relevant stakeholders
Developing and delivering Value For Money strategy
- Development of financial management skills in area of operation
- Identify areas for potential efficiencies and savings
- Responsible for the preparation of full monthly management reports with commentary which includes income & expenditure, balance sheet and cashflow.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts of income and expenditure, balance sheet and cashflow;
- Lead regular meetings with budget holders to update on financial performance and discuss appropriate actions
- Provide financial reporting for all projects on a regular and timely basis.
- Ensure controls in place are appropriate and provide assurance that results accurately reflect the business performance e.g. balance sheet reconciliations, discussion of performance with budget holders etc.
- Provision of completed reporting packs for review at a level appropriate for submission to Board or Committee
- Undertake analysis of areas of financial risk, budget variance, business growth or any other financial support required by the Group
- Day to day lead for business planning working closely with the Group Business Planning team to ensure appropriate financial linkages exist across short and long term planning
- Undertaken financial scenario planning and advise budget holders on mitigating actions when dealing with financial variances.
- Design, update and continuously improve the provision of information including appropriate KPIs, benchmarks and trend analysis to support informed decision making in the changing Group environment
- Implement and maintain appropriate financial controls in order to underpin the financial governance and standing orders of the Group and subsidiary companies applicable to all areas of operations
- Applied across both areas of management and financial accounting to ensure accuracy of reported performance
Statutory & Regulatory
- Prepare year end statutory accounts for Group entities
- Liaise with Group auditors and provide backup information as required
- Liaise with Group tax advisors and provide relevant substantiating backup information as required
- Prepare regulatory returns for the Scottish Housing Regulator, HMRC and the FSA which complies with legal and statutory regulations
- Review of periodic VAT submissions to HMRC and provide additional information where request and support HMRC visits.
- Provide internal and external audit information which allows assurance to be obtained towards the control environment
- Effective line management of team members including absence, disciplinary and performance management
- Conduct regular “My Contribution” meetings
- Employees supported through coaching, learning and development and completion of development plans
- Clear communication to employees of relevant organisational, divisional and team aims and initiatives
- Value for money delivered on all outputs
- Annual cost reductions and efficiency savings met within workstream
There are 28 days annual leave and 13 days statutory holidays.
Defined Contribution pension scheme employee contribution 4%, 5% or 6%, employer contribution twice employee’s (ie between 8-12%).
Other benefits include a health plan and season ticket loans etc. 35 hour working week, operating a flexi-time scheme.
Post pandemic the organisation will operate a hybrid office/home model of working.