Rutherford Cross are delighted to be exclusively partnered with one of Scotland’s most significant 3rd sector bodies to help appoint a Senior Finance Business Partner. Reporting directly into the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis the role is the number two within this function and has a national remit. This is a unique opportunity to shape finance within Scotland’s most beloved trusts.
Based in Edinburgh the organisation operates a highly flexible working policy with opportunity on top of this to work at various sites and business partner on location with stakeholders across the organisation. On offer is a highly competitive package. Ideally for this opportunity we are looking for a qualified accountant (ICAS/CIMA/ACCA), although strong QBE will be considered if the experience is right.
We are looking for someone who has the strength of personality to face off with various stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally. You will be the senior head within the business partnering team and will be expected to help mentor and develop the more junior members in the time. We are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience in using meaningful analysis to help influence decision making and process improvement.
- Responsible for providing financial and business support to Central Functions and oversight of regional operations performance on an ongoing basis.
- Finance FP&A lead in many Trust-Wide projects and activity, including co-ordination of the budget & forecasting processes for the FP&A team
- Identify, Lead and Deliver Process Improvement initiatives working with wider Finance Team introducing better controls, data management and automation. Able to lead activity and work pro-actively with a range of stakeholders using their initiative, problem-solving and systems skills.
- Lead the provision of timely, accurate and insightful reporting, analysis, and targeted interpretation of monthly results to the business area management teams. Highlight key performance variances and work with the business areas to agree corrective action and identify any risks or opportunities to the latest forecast.
- Engage with stakeholders to create the Budgets & Forecasts for business areas feeding into the overall Trust Budget, providing information & analysis for incorporation into ExCo and Board reports.
- Support Budget Managers in the creation, monitoring and controlling of their budgets and quarterly forecasts. Analysing variances and liaising with budget holders on potential problem areas, subsequently making recommendations and advising on the impact to the Trust.
- Actively participating in their internal customers’ monthly team meetings, providing financial updates and reports, and influencing decision-making on key financial and non-financial matters.
- Develop new reporting dashboards and provide financial modelling support for Trust wide initiatives. Identify new ways of accessing data to create insightful analysis that guides and informs to support decision making.
- Line management and colleague development skills & experience.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity including a comprehensive job specification please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500.