Rutherford Cross is working with a multi-national organisation who are performing exceptionally well in their market place. The business has diversified and are embarking on an exciting chapter. The organisation are keen to recruit a Project Accountant on an interim basis and this will be a long term contract which could move to permanent. The role is incredibly varied and quite unique in offering a mix of both commercial and technical accounting aspects as well as high levels of business partnering and interaction across the business including internationally. This role will require a candidate with a proactive mindset and strong project and stakeholder management skills. A summary of some of the key duties are below:
- Assessment of contracts and proposed business models for new deals. Assisting the business to help solution and tailor these deals to meet the customer need
- Map out end to end processes and work with the accounting practice team to create and implement accounting policy and processes to respond proactively to support the strategic direction of the Business
- Partnering with internal financial services to agree processes with external funding partners
- Provide input where requested by the Director of Finance to ensure deals are entered into with proper governance, controls, and approvals from impacted business units
- Business partnering with internal tax teams in various geographies to understand any specific in country tax legislation that may add additional complexities and design a solution to ensure sales can continue to be pursued
- Business partnering with Financial Controllers in each geography to improve accuracy and efficiency of financial reporting capability
For this role the company are seeking a fully qualified accountant who preferably has IFRS16 experience. Strong commercial acumen and the ability to translate technical accounting guidance to non finance colleagues is key therefore prior business partnering experience would be essential. Experience in transactional level accounting would also be advantageous. This role is wide ranging, has influence across the business including internationally and will offer abroad exposure. It will be joining the business at a very interesting time. On offer is a great day rate and the opportunity for mainly home based working if preferred.