Background to the Opportunity
The opportunity has arisen for a Practice Support Specialist to join our client’s Support Team. It is a permanent role working with a fantastic organisation in the city centre of Edinburgh.
Our client is based in Edinburgh and a extremely well know business in the UK.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
The Practice Support Specialist will provide support to the practice community through the effective delivery of practice services and support. This role will have a particular focus on supporting firms meet the challenges of the future, forming a key function in helping to deliver the ICAS strategic pillar of Connect and Help to succeed in the context of practice.
Working as part of a small team, the Practice Support Specialist will form a key role in delivering the strategic outcomes for the ICAS practice community. The practice team provides support to a community of over 900 firms and c1700 members who are principals in those firms.
The role contributes to the key strategic deliverables of:
- Working hand in hand to support our firms and help them to navigate the future of the profession
- Serving the practice community
- Being relevant to the practice community
- Building relationships with and within the practice community
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of general practice areas
- Awareness of practice management issues
- Strong interest and experience in new technology
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of secondary operations within accountancy practice, for example AML and data protection
- Proficient in the use of Office 365 products, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong commercial acumen
- Preferable to hold Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification with a number of years post qualifying experience in practice
- FOR MORE INFORMATION AND A DETAILED JOB SPEC, PLEASE APPLY -