This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll professional to join a prestigious Asset Manager based in Edinburgh. Reporting into the Finance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of end to end monthly payrolls including checking the payroll; distributing payslips; month end reporting and reconciliations.
- Ensuring Real Time Information reports are made in accordance with HMRC deadlines
- Ensuring the calculation of all salary deductions are made accurately and that payments to the appropriate authorities are made on a timely basis.
- Working with the Payroll Bureau to ensure that the pension schemes are administered in accordance with the relevant schemes’ specifications
- Maintenance of Auto Enrolment as per the legislation
- Maintenance of all salary records to meet statutory requirements
- Year end processing including producing P60s and P11Ds
- Completing FPS / EPS submissions
- Processing New Starters, Leavers and any other contractual changes
- Calculation of employees’ entitlement to Occupational Sick Pay, SSP, SMP and SPP
- Dealing with routine pay and pension queries from staff
- Keeping up to date with legislation and processes
- Ensuring the software is up to date
There is also the opportunity to gain exposure to wider core finance responsibilities and as such the role would suit an individual looking to broaden and develop their existing skill set.
In order to be considered for this position you will need to:
- Have a solid background and experience within a payroll position
- Experience and capability of working to tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to work
- Good communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- A strong team player
- A willingness to learn and develop