Our client makes some of the world’s best-loved Scotch whiskies. With their headquarters in Glasgow, the business is focused firmly on the international development opportunities of its premium spirits brands and now employs more than 2,200 people worldwide. The business is hugely successful with a significant proportion of their profits reinvested back into the company and into a number of charitable causes.
Due to a recent promotion, the decision has been made to recruit an outstanding Group Operations Finance Manager. This is a senior role within the finance function, reporting directly to the Director of Finance, and working directly with senior executives across Group Operations and other areas of the business.
In addition to a highly competitive salary, the business offers a car allowance, management bonus, defined contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, share save scheme/options and a generous holiday entitlement.
The Group Operations Finance Manager leads a team of qualified accountants focused on providing a comprehensive, challenging financial support to Group Operations, across both Whisky Supply and Supply Chain functions, with interface to operations overseas.
The individual will ensure financial rigour and compliance, and provide targeted, insightful & value-adding management information which supports decision making in this part of this business. In addition, the role provides support and direction to the development of Operational Finance within the overseas subsidiaries.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the provision of financial support to the Group Operations business
- Ensure accurate monthly management reporting is provided within agreed timescales to support decision making within operations
- Work strategically and in partnership with senior managers, directing them to key areas of focus to achieve plan
- Support business improvement initiatives and projects
- Determine, and ensure business is aware of, the required economic return of its investment in whisky stocks
- Manage Group Operations input to the Group budget process, challenging and confirming key financial and operational parameters
- Oversee the Group Operations input to the “Risks and Opportunities” process to ensure that deviations from budget are communicated in a timely, accurate and concise manner
- Lead, develop and coach a team of qualified accountants to ensure delivery of the above
- Introduction of Group wide financial information for the Operational activities of the wider Group
- Interface with the brands business unites to ensure timely sharing of accurate financial information from operations, particularly cost of sales, stock and capex
This role would be suited to a degree educated, qualified accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 7 years post-qualification experience and at least 2 years in an industry environment. Previous experience gained in (or working with) a large corporate or multinational business environment is essential and candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong track record of achievement and career progression.
What to do next
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full Position Profile, please contact our retained advisor Mark Lewis at Rutherford Cross on 0141 611 7770 or email [email protected]. Please note any third party applications will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.
Rutherford Cross are a specialist search and selection firm focused exclusively on senior finance appointments, working with leading organisations around the world to source the highest-calibre professionals.