Rutherford Cross is excited to be working with an Edinburgh city centre based Chartered Accountancy practice to recruit a Manager for their Accounts and Business Support Department.
The role offers the chance to work with a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors including technology companies, entrepreneurs/start-ups and not-for-profit organisations. The company is working with rapidly developing ideas and concepts, such as embracing use of data analytics and cloud-based technology.
This role represents an ideal opportunity for an experienced Manager to assist in the growth and development of the recently expanded Accounts and Business Support team, which currently includes the Director, a Senior Manager, four Managers and a headcount of around 30. They provide a wide range of compliance and business advisory services including tailored management accounts, business plans, projections, accounts software support and digital solutions.
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients in a pro-active manner, reporting directly to the partners
- Reviewing management accounts, VAT returns and annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, LLP and Charities
- The preparation and review of forecasts, business plans and other ad hoc reports
- Preparing fee quotes and proposals for potential new clients including attending initial client meetings
- Management of fees and work in progress for client portfolio
- Building effective client relationships
- People management duties including coaching and developing staff
- Assisting with review and development of improved working practices and inhouse training sessions
- Assisting in all aspects of day to day running of the department
- Assisting in business development and marketing of the department’s services
- CA or ACCA with experience post qualification or qualified by experience
- Experience of working within a similar environment (some, if not all from within an accountancy practice)
- Experience of cloud accounting software is essential
- Time management skills and an ability to deliver under pressure
- Excellent technical knowledge of financial reporting and VAT skills
- Experience of supervising or managing staff
- Being accountable and taking ownership for your work and that of others
- Continuously improving work and developing solutions to problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of work delivered to budget
- Commercial awareness and ability to develop business opportunities
- Taking pride in your work and pay attention to detail
- Ability to analyse figures in a meaningful way
- Ability to delegate effectively and monitor progress
The company offers a range of flexible benefits and working practices. For more information and to discuss the role confidentially, please contact Lorraine Marlow on 07738 789249 or [email protected] .