Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Neogen Europe Ltd in Ayr to recruit a Management Accountant for their head office finance team.
NEOGEN develops and markets comprehensive solutions dedicated to food and animal safety. The company's Food Safety Division markets dehydrated culture media and diagnostic test kits to detect foodborne bacteria, natural toxins, food allergens, drug residues, plant diseases, and sanitation concerns.
NEOGEN's Animal Safety Division is a leader in the development of genomic solutions along with the manufacturing and distribution of a variety of animal healthcare products, including diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, veterinary instruments, wound care, and disinfectants.
Neogen listed on the NASDAQ in 1989 and in 2020 had revenue globally of over $418m. As of May 2020, the company employed over 1,500 globally. The company organises its business through two segments- Food Safety and Animal Safety. The Food safety segment provides diagnostic kits test and other complementary products for dangerous or unintended substances testing in both human and animal food. The Animal Safety segment is engaged in developing and supplying pharmaceuticals and medical instruments that are used in global veterinary market.
Neogen Europe is headquartered in Ayr, Scotland and has 3 further sites in England and 1 in Italy.Neogen Europe offers diagnostic test kits to detect foodborne bacteria, natural toxins, genetic modifications, food allergens, drug residues, sanitation concerns, dehydrated culture media and plant disease.
The Management Accountant will be part of the Food Safety division which currently turns over £40m.
The role will be site based in Ayr and it is preferred that the individual is already based in the area, but flexibility will be given to those with a preference of a blended working approach.
Certainly, this is an exceptional opportunity to join an internationally respected company with excellent prospects for personal development and progression.
- Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, assume responsibility for all aspects of the financial management and administration
- Prepare monthly management accounts ensuring they are compiled using acceptable accounting practices, with appropriate commentary, accurately and not later than the 5th working day of the month with the long-term intention of reducing to the 3rd working day
- Ensure that the costing and accounting systems are accurate and provide a high standard of internal control. This should include sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash-flow management and maintenance of all financial ledgers, including postings, control account checks and reconciliations
- Establish an internal control testing and review program to ensure systems in place are being followed and remain appropriate for the size of the business
- Plan and implement appropriate training for sales and other staff to ensure that the financial management systems work efficiently and accurately. Discuss requirements with managers and seek out areas for improvement
- Review and update the existing financial management system taking into account the projected needs of a rapidly evolving business. Ensure all key processes are documented both from an efficiency point and internal control
- Prepare analytical reports as required by the senior management. Implement a pro-active program of providing key reports to management
- Prepare reports for and participate in monthly management meetings with the Neogen Corporation as required
- Liaise as required with the Accounting Department at Neogen Corporation. This includes preparing specific reports for Neogen
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified accountant with appropriate post-qualification experience
- Comprehensive technical accounting ability with a solid understanding of manufacturing financial control and reporting methodologies, ideally gained in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience of production and cost accounting would be advantageous
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident communicator at every level, with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Commercial and analytical approach, displaying drive, initiative, and professionalism
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Committed to continuous improvement