Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by our key client Clyde Munro to recruit a Management Accountant for their Finance team to be based in Glasgow.
The role reports directly into the Group Financial Controller and is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast growing and highly acquisitive private equity backed business.
Established in 2015, Clyde Munro is a fast-growing, private equity backed dental group with patient care and experience at the top of the agenda. Benefitting from being able to provide both NHS and private services through a wide variety of treatments, Scotland’s fastest growing dental group believes that dentistry should be accessible and convenient, priding itself on a speedy yet efficient service. Dental wellbeing is their key priority and they work closely with their patients to help make sure they maintain healthy teeth and gums for life through the provision of a forward-thinking and modern approach.
Clyde Munro has 48 practices and over 200 dentists serving over 300,000 patients across Scotland. Current revenues are at c. £30m per annum and the business employs c500 people.
This is an exciting time for Clyde Munro as it continues to grow through acquisitions. The business is looking to appoint a qualified accountant to support the Group Financial Controller by taking ownership of the management accounting within the group; including preparing the Monthly Consolidated Accounts for the Board, and assisting with the commentary. This role has direct line management of 1 Assistant Management Accountant.
The finance team plays a key role in how the business operates and therefore a deep understanding of each area of the business is required. The pace and diversity of the group throws up new and exciting challenges on a daily basis. The Management Accountant position represents a fantastic opportunity for a driven and robust individual with first class technical and management accounting capabilities.
To take ownership of the Management Accounting function for the group:
- Preparation of the Monthly Consolidated Management Accounts, including but not limited to:- maintaining the timetable, compiling the P&L and Balance Sheet, review of cost centres, distribution of results to budget holders, and Directors, preparation & review of balance sheet reconciliations, and month-end journals.
- Line management of 1 Assistant Management Accountant, responsible for coaching, appraisals and objective setting.
- Responsible for all accounting of fixed assets across the Group, including assessing the accounting treatment.
- Become the Finance Team’s Business Central Champion as administrator for our accounting software package.
- Monthly Review of Purchase Ledger Payment Runs
- Management of Company Credit Cards and Prepaid Cards
- Assisting with the coordination of the annual external audit, responding to auditor requests and preparing back up for Statutory Accounts.
- Ongoing development of periodic reporting, including the monthly board pack, preparation and presentation of financial information, value-added commentary, KPIs and analysis to help the recipients better understand performance of the business.
- Participation in ad hoc finance projects, including systems & processes development.
- A positive fit with the Clyde Munro culture, demonstrating excellent people skills and high levels of engagement and energy
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Experience of accounting systems (Microsoft Dynamics Business Central experience desirable but not essential)
- Advanced Excel skills
- More than 3 years of experience in delivering financial/business analysis to support management decision making
- Adaptable to working in a fast-paced environment where change is the norm
- Good problem-solving skills, communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and able to deliver accurate and timely results
- Deadline focused and willing to put in the effort to ensure they are always achieved
- Strong people skills, able to develop strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Previous line management experience desirable but not essential
For more information/review of full position profile please get in touch with our retained advisor Jonathan Donnelly- [email protected]