Rutherford Cross is pleased to be exclusively partnered with a leading 3rd sector institution in Central Scotland to appoint the position of Management Accountant. Following a review of the team, this post is newly created in line with the development strategy for the team. On offer is a fantastic package including 42 days holiday & 21% pension as well as hybrid and flexible working.
This is a senior commercially focused role and reports directly to the Head of Financial Planning. The opportunity will involve working directly with senior colleagues, delivering insightful financial guidance, planning and decision support via forecasting, budgeting, analysis and management accounts. You will also have one direct report, although prior management experience isn’t essential.
Ideally, we are looking to engage with commercially focused qualified accountants, however we are also happy to consider those out with the 3rd sector coming from other commercial organisations, or alternatively a first mover from practice seeking to forge a career in this sector.
Financial Strategy and Planning
- Work with key stakeholders to translate business strategies into financial plans, making sure they are complete, robust, and fully understood by the relevant budget holders
- Ensure that robust five-year financial plans are prepared on an annual basis and budget monitoring and control are effective including responsibility for long-term resource planning
- Provide action plans to address issues and opportunities identified to deliver financial sustainability
Financial Analysis and Insight
- Combine quantitative, and qualitative data and statistical analysis to highlight trends, share insights and evaluate alternatives against business objectives
- Provide insightful analysis and challenge on all financial matters to identify where efficiencies can be made to demonstrate the best value and maximisation of resources, and make recommendations to senior management
- Provide value-add commentary on financial results, and explanations of underlying key performance indicators and provide action plans to address issues and opportunities
- Work with senior colleagues to ensure effective and efficient use of resources and deliver improvement in KPIs
- Ensure that all activities, new and existing are fully costed so informed decisions can be taken on the profitability of current and proposed activities
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on [email protected]