Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with one of Scotland’s premier financial services organisations to help appoint a Management Accountant. The business has recently completed a major acquisition, so have built out a new finance team to help support this new entity, this hire will be the final head within the team and will help support the integration of the new entity alongside monthly management accounts & project work.
This is a highly varied role and would represent an excellent first step into the commercial industry for a CA or a logical next step for an industry qualified accountant seeking a new challenge in a global business within a high performing team.
Ideally, we are looking for qualified accountants with some degree of post-qualifying experience however we will consider newly qualified as well. They are happy to consider people from the big 4, mid-tier or industry. Salary up to 45k and a flexible working pattern with half the week in the office and half the week from home. We are looking for driven & ambitious individuals with strong stakeholder management skills.
- To provide financial analysis and support to the Divisional FDs in preparing for the new Income recognition policy. You act as liaison between the FD’s and group finance in Glasgow actively preparing schedules.
- With a unique structure, you’re most effective as the key contact for the division; best placed to question, probe and help deliver income recognition.
- Maintain key schedules relating to cost and resource analysis. Advise on the finer details relating to the impact of income recognition standard within your area; guide your business partners through their financial commitments.
- Key liaison with our finance function in Glasgow to keep them updated of progress
- Monthly preparation of board reporting in line with business and FCA requirements and FCA regulatory reporting. Compile technical accounting papers and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Prepare and provide complex lead schedules for audit purposes, detailed analysis and providing well thought out solutions.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A University degree and ACCA/ICAS/CIMA qualified
- Flexible, happy to deal with multiple tasks and environments within our international organisation.
- Highly organised and dedicated with excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills in all formats. Happy to work independently and perform as part of an effective team.
- With superb focus, always seeking opportunities to challenge yourself and others around you.
If you would like to organise an initial confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 or [email protected]