Rutherford Cross are pleased to be partnered with global energy business to help appoint a Management Accountant. Our client is based in Central Glasgow and operate a hybrid working model. There is the opportunity to travel internationally and across the UK with this role, on offer is a salary of up to 45k + further benefits.
This is a superb opportunity to join a growing and dynamic organisation in a varied commercially focused role. The business has grown organically & through acquisition, and the management accountant will be expected to support the integration of these businesses alongside the standard duties.
Ideally, we are looking to speak with industry qualified accountants seeking a step up their career or first movers from practice, exceptional finalists from industry will also be considered provided they have the breadth of experience to make an impact in this role.
- Ensuring a robust monthly close process with full general ledger review and preparation and review of all balance sheet reconciliations, clearing any reconciling items in a timely fashion
- Prepare monthly journals: fixed assets / work in progress and overheads accruals and prepayments / tax accruals / HP journals
- Identifying and commenting clearly on variances to expectations with key stakeholders to develop and own corrective actions plans where appropriate
- Liaising with overseas finance teams, providing training, guidance and support and working effectively with remote and overseas operations teams
- Conduct ad hoc analyses where required to support key decision-makers in identifying areas for financial improvement
- Provide all relevant financial insight, KPIs and financial data for a variety of stakeholders, including MD’s, the Group CFO & Group CEO
- Business partnering with a wide variety of global stakeholders across multiple functions
- Interpret business trends and metrics to assist key decision makers in forming an objective view of operations, services and opportunities
- Staff training & development, including management of support staff, providing regular feedback and training,
- Supporting the strategic planning process
- Quarterly forecast: preparation and support
- Annual budget: preparation and support
- Supporting the year end external audit process, including production of year end file and liaising with external auditors
- Annual audit and statutory accounts preparation
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]