Rutherford Cross are delighted to be supporting one of our clients within the Financial Services sector to help them appoint a Management Accountant. In the last few years, the business has gone from strength-to-strength experiencing continual growth. Due to this business growth, further product expansion and some team restructuring, the need for another qualified accountant in the Financial Planning and Analysis team has arisen.
This role reports directly into the Finance Business Partner, the business partner is an aspirational line manager who would represent a good mentor for anyone seeking to make their first move into industry from the profession. The organisation is based in Glasgow City Centre and on offer is a salary of up to 40k + bonus and further benefits including a hybrid working model. The role itself is varied and over time it is envisaged that this could grow into a fully-fledged business partnering role.
Ideally, we are looking for a first mover from practice who feels ready to take their first step into industry. The individual needs to have the strength of character to deal with different stakeholders both internal and external who operate at different levels. We will consider an exceptional part-qualified accountant who only has a few exams remaining or an industry qualified individual who is seeking a varied and progressive role.
- Production of monthly management accounts including relevant commentary
- Collaborate with senior members of the finance team to prepare monthly management information pack
- Collaborate with financial planning and analysis part of the finance team to improve group performance and reporting
- Reporting & accounting as required for regulatory and legal purposes, including management and statutory accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliation, analysis and control
- KPI Reporting and Variance Analysis for our operational teams
- Assist with management of the annual audit process
- Liaison with tax accountants and review of tax returns
- Assistance with payment runs, banking and cashflow forecasting
- Liaise with external auditors, company solicitors, banks and suppliers regularly
- Risk management and implementation of improvements to financial control and procedures
- Ad hoc project support
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity and a full job specification please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]