Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with a hugely dynamic and exciting start-up based in Glasgow to help appoint the newly created position of Management Accountant. The business operate within a high-growth and rapidly expanding sector and this appointment represents a key hire for them as they build out their Finance Function.
Reporting directly into the Head of Finance you will have a varied role and the opportunity to get broad exposure to the whole business. There are significant opportunities to build your career here as is it is foreseen that as the business scales this position will take on more responsibility and eventually be responsible for managing staff and reporting directly into the board.
Ideally, we are looking for a newly/recently qualified accountant from practice seeking to transition into industry or someone who has already moved into industry and is considering a second move for a better role or a step up. Salary up to 45k (some stretch for a superstar) with a hybrid working model that is no more than two days per week in the office.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Processing all transactions and maintaining the general ledger for the UK entity and the US entity
- Executing all finance processes including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, preparations of the quarterly VAT return, payroll and employee expenses
- Executing the billing process for monthly customer invoicing
Policy and Control
- Develop and maintain a strong control environment with robust documented processes and procedures -the Financial Control framework
- Produce the monthly reporting pack for both the executive team and the review boards, including collating the KPI data from across the business units
- Maintaining the Finance KPI data and the Corporate Development KPI data (where required)
- Support with ad hoc requests to provide analysis and insight across the business to assist with decision making
Planning and Budgeting
- Support in producing meaningful analysis to assist with business planning, budgeting and forecasting
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market leading opportunity and to review a full position profile, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]