Rutherford Cross is working with a business based in Stirling to recruit for a Management Accountant for a period of 12 months. Working with a highly reputable Scottish business who have grown significantly to become one of the largest in their sector, this role presents an opportunity to be part of a highly successful and employee focused organisation. Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, this role requires either a part or fully qualified accountant and is offering broad exposure across a number of different areas as well as the opportunity to challenge the norm and suggest improvements. The role will have regular interaction with a Transactional Finance team and will be focused on making improvements to the management accounts function, ensuring accurate reporting and supporting analysis. A summary of some of the key duties are below:
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met and all submissions are complete, accurate and timely
- Preparation of VAT Returns and Intrastat submissions to HMRC
- Oversee month end reporting, managing sales ledger and credit controller
- Perform quarterly stock analysis
- Production of balance sheet & P&L reconciliations
- Preparation of budgets and liaising with auditors
- Provide assistance to transactional finance team as required
- Support the Group FC & FD in ad-hoc tasks and projects.
The role requires either a fully or part qualified accountant who is a good team player with strong relationship building skills. Attention to detail is key as well as having confidence to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders at all levels. Strong accounting and business acumen is important and having an enthusiasm to develop an understanding of the driving factors behind a successful business. On offer is a 12 month contract which will provide broad exposure and allow for interaction across many areas of the business. The company are offering a salary up to £35,000 and a very generous Group Pension Scheme. The role will start off based in the office however the business are happy to then support a hybrid including a couple of days working from home if preferred.