Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnered with an award-winning construction and engineering business to help them appoint a Management Accountant. The business has experienced significant growth in recent years; therefore, they are now seeking an ambitious part-qualified/newly qualified accountant to join their team. We are looking for someone with industry experience or potentially a newly qualified accountant from a mid-tier firm.
The role incorporates standard month end in conjunction with a significant amount of opportunity to improve processes and drive positive change in the finance function. Due to the size of the business, there is significant scope to progress your career. There is a significant amount of stakeholder management in this position liaising with clients, supplies and senior colleagues so we are looking for someone with the strength of personality to match this. Salary up to 40k and a hybrid working model with the office based in South Glasgow.
To produce timely, accurate management accounts together with key management information; to consolidate budget and forecast/business plan information; to perform key reconciliation tasks; to assist with year-end processes and statutory accounts preparation.
- Representing the company in a professional and competent manner at all times and developing strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Continuous management of financial systems, budgets and adherence to internal financial controls
- Preparation of monthly Management and Financial Accounts
- Forecasting and budgetary responsibilities
- Preparation of Balance Sheet control accounts
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts and monthly Finance Pack
- Collation of information for external audit
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Completion and submission of national statistics forms as and when required.
- Review and analysis of Finance data as required
- Liaison with financial and operational personnel
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross in the first instance on 07494 280 500/[email protected]