The organisation is now looking to further bolster the finance team by recruiting a Management Accountant who will report directly to the Financial Controller in order to add greater strength and depth to the team due to its consistent year on year growth, capital raised and long-term ambitions of the business.
The Management Accountant is a newly created role which will be an integral part of the organisation based in the Haddington office and a direct support to the Financial Controller. This is an exciting, progressive opportunity for a talented finance professional with the desire to join a high growth and innovative company. It is crucial that the appointed candidate knows what a high performing finance function looks like, however, the approach and attitude of the candidate will be particularly important to ensure a long-term fit with the leadership team.
The successful candidate will be an inquisitive and proactive individual. They will be results focused with the ability to influence whilst building strong long-term relationships with stakeholders. As the business continues to grow and diversify so too does the need to continuously improve and have robust and effective management reporting, systems and processes in place to run efficiently and effectively.
This is a unique position with a company with a significant market available to them for future development. Over time this role will develop and grow and therefore it is key that applicants are flexible and adaptable to those changes.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Preparation of trial balances and corresponding management accounts for multiple group entities
- Submission of accurate, high quality and timely financial information for internal reporting
- Investigate operational variances to plan, communicate to management and advise on potential efficiencies/cost control measures.
- Preparation and accuracy of relevant Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Responsibility for the fixed asset register
- Take responsibility for month-end and year-end accounting close process
- Preparation of regular financial and other business reports including daily John Deere reporting
- Supporting the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Supporting the Financial Controller with the development and documentation of controls, processes and procedures, ensuring a robust accounting system is in place as the business continues to grow
- Supporting any accounting system implementations and upgrades
- Assisting with the preparation of audit working papers.
It is critical that the Management Accountant can effectively support the Financial Controller, while consistently meeting the needs of key stakeholders both within and external to the business.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- High calibre graduate with a good track record of academic achievement
- Fully qualified accountant either CA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent
- Either have trained within a reputable accountancy firm or will have experience in a similar position
- Strong commercial understanding
- Ability to develop high quality management information to support decision making
- Excellent management and development skills
- Knowledge of financial modelling would be advantageous
- System implementation and development experience is desirable
- Excellent IT skills, especially in relation to Microsoft applications and Excel
- Self-starter, willing to be involved in the detail
- Confident communicator at every level, with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Detail and process orientated
- Committed individual, displaying drive, ambition, and professionalism