Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Insite Group to recruit a Management Accountant, with a view to succeeding the Head of Finance and ultimately becoming part of the Senior Management team within 3-5 years.
Established in 2004, Insite Group has grown from strength to strength, continually breaking boundaries in many market sectors. The company is a main contractor business that specialises in the fit out, refurbishment and construction of commercial, retail, industrial, healthcare and public sector property. The philosophy is to provide the complete, holistic contracting service, ensuring every aspect of their clients’ needs are achieved. Working hand in hand to provide solutions to any given challenge, each division of the group contains the knowledge, experience and expertise required to meet expectations. Customer satisfaction has always been the ethos, and with an enviable repeat client base, there is no doubt this business has been built on reputation.
Based in Queenslie, Glasgow, the company employs over 90 people and has grown steadily over the last few years, with annual turnover now at circa £20m. The group is made up of 5 divisions; Contracts, Cladding & Roofing, Specialist Services, Facilities Management and Site Waste Solutions.
Background To The Role
This is an exciting time for Insite Group as it continues to grow and build on its impressive reputation. The business is looking to appoint an ambitious, qualified accountant to support the Head of Finance, building and developing robust financial processes and managing day to day finance matters.
The finance team plays a key role in how the business operates and therefore a willingness to develop an understanding of each area of the business is required. The pace and diversity of the company throws up new and exciting challenges on a daily basis.
In addition to providing the successful candidate with skills and experience which will underpin their future finance career, the vacancy offers an exceptional opportunity for personal development and progression. The position has been created as succession planning allowing the Management Accountant to learn from and supersede the current Head of Finance within the next few years.
The Management Accountant position requires an accountant who possesses excellent organisational, interpersonal, and technical skills. The ability to build relationships with and influence internal stakeholders, is a key requirement, as are first class technical accounting skills. As the company is in the midst of a sustained period of growth, there is a focus on continuous improvement and development of reporting.
A strong track record of achievement both professionally and academically is required given the nature and requirements of this position.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified accountant CA/ACCA/CIMA with commercial awareness and business acumen
- Strong technical accounting skills with great attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to maintain robust financial control environment and drive process improvement/efficiency
- An approachable manner, working as part of a team working to achieve company-wide objectives
- Advanced Excel skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, managing communications within the finance team and across all departments in the business
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills to support business decision making processes
- Inquisitive & with the ability to learn quickly
- Prior experience of job costing within the construction industry would be advantageous though not essential
This is a varied role which involves all aspects of maintaining financial records and general accounting including:
- Managing all accounting transactions
- Assisting with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Preparing to draft stage monthly management statements
- Handling monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconciling control accounts
- Supervising payment runs
- Computing and submission of VAT, CIS and PAYE tax returns
- Preparing draft balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Complying with financial policies and regulations
- Supervising payroll
- Leadership of finance group
- Management and coordination of IT matters
- Using Sage 200 and Elite
Salary: £36,000- £42,000
Holidays: 28 days inclusive of stats
Life Assurance: 4 *salary
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Pension: In line with auto-enrolment
Bonus: Discretionary based on company & individual performance
The Recruitment Process
First round interviews are with our retained advisors at Rutherford Cross.
Second round stages will involve meeting Head of Finance and Managing Director and Non-Executive Director
There may be a final informal interview stage with the Managing Director
Applications should be sent to [email protected]