Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with an educational body for the recruitment of a Junior Reporting Accountant. This opportunity offers the chance to work with a leading organisation that will provide fantastic development opportunities and great levels of progression. Alongside this, the role also offers a hybrid working approach for the successful candidate.
This role is best suited to a Part-Qualified Accountant or someone who is a Qualified Accounting Technician and looking to further their knowledge.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and control the timely and accurate submission of all aspects of post-award management of external grants
- Develop and implement improvements to the working practices, services provided and administrative systems relevant to the Grants Office
- Provision and interpretation of financial reports for Principal Investigators, Administrators, Financial Controllers, and external bodies where necessary
- Ensure VAT treatment on each project is correct to maintain correct VAT recovery
- Provision of Month End accounting routines, monthly KPIs, maintenance of Oracle Projects Data, additional credit control on outstanding invoices, and statistical information as required
- Preparation and provision of Year End accounting routines, meeting required timelines for completion and assisting in the preparatory work for the submission of the University's year accounts and audit
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Part-Qualified or a Minimum Accounting Technician (or equivalent)
- Experience with large accounting/ledger software system
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work with speed and accuracy
To find out more about this role, remuneration and wider benefits then please contact the Rutherford Cross advisor Harry Thomson by emailing [email protected]