We are currently supporting a retail bank in Edinburgh who are in the market for an IT Audit Manager. The IT Audit Manager will be responsible for supporting the Audit Director and Senior Audit Manager in delivering an independent and objective risk-based IA service designed to systematically evaluate and improve the risk management, control and governance processes.
- Contribute appropriately to the provision of an independent assessment of the governance, risk management and control processes.
- Contribute appropriately to the achievement of the IA department objectives including development and implementation of the Internal Audit IT function and IA frameworks.
- Support and manage, efficiently and effectively, all relevant aspects of the IA strategy and services, consistent with current professional standards.
- Lead and undertake assigned audits to time, plan and quality using the audit methodology and quality standards, regularly reporting progress.
- Provide coaching, development and performance management, as required to any Senior Auditors within the audit team.
- Liaise with the business to confirm planned timescales for the assignment are viable.
- Discuss the business context and audit scope, including any issues or concerns and resourcing challenges.
- Set up and carry out any required site visits, conducting 'walk through' interviews with key staff to identify processes, risks and controls.
- Consider technology risks within the scope of business led audits.
- Capture all relevant data within process maps and meeting notes.
- Create and issue an Audit Planning Document, assessing the adequacy of controls, identifying tests to be completed and the associated testing rationale.
- Design the test strategy to be used during fieldwork.
- Create and issue the Terms of Reference to the business.
- Lead and conduct site visits to test the effectiveness of controls.
- Document testing in the audit software.
- Identify, analyse and classify issues arising from the audit fieldwork, suggesting effective and efficient control improvements.
- Work closely with business audit colleagues on integrated audits to understand and test IT controls underlying business processes.
- Present regular updates to the business during testing.
- Finalise meeting notes and reports on control tests and enter the data into the audit software, in line with the IA methodology.
- Draft the audit report.
- Escalate contentious issues.
- Liaise with key business stakeholders to introduce and discuss the draft and final reports.
- Conduct and on-going follow up of issues to ensure that they are monitored until closure.
- Strong experience in risk based IT auditing or risk and control activities, ideally in financial services.
- Experience of working in a largely outsourced environment essential.
- Audit or assurance experience of Cyber risks in a Digital driven business.
- Experience in undertaking change audit assignments e.g. Data related, transitional or Cloud technology programmes.
- Demonstrated experience in managing business relationships.
- Experience of working in an integrated audit function, working closely with business audit colleagues.
- Experience of building, developing and maintaining audit methodologies and frameworks.
- CISA, IIA IT Auditing Certificate, CISSP or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential.
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152