Investment Manager – Foresight Group
Edinburgh – Market leading remuneration available
Foresight is a sustainability-led alternative assets and SME investment manager with c.£12.2bn of assets under management. The business offers their diverse investor base a range of bespoke products, tailored to suit their needs. With 12 offices across seven countries, they are a global business with well-established local connections.
Through their three core investment divisions, Infrastructure, Private Equity and Foresight Capital Management, they target attractive returns from hard-to-access private markets for over 200 institutional and c.28,000 private investors. They use insight, expertise and guidance to actively manage assets, create flexibility and innovative investment solutions for some of the largest institutional investors, and make complex investment products available to all.
At the crux of their approach, is the alignment of their investment strategies to the key themes shaping societies and the planet for future generations. Their investment strategies are designed to create a resilient, decarbonised world and to deliver high-quality jobs that will power tomorrow's economy; while delivering attractive, risk-adjusted and sustainable returns for their investors.
Foresight challenges the norm and understands the role that sustainable investing can play in evolving established markets, creating new ones and generating long-term value and impact. They are not just looking for short-term returns, they are investing in a smarter future.
Following rapid growth in Scottish portfolio companies and funds managed in Scotland, Foresight Group is looking to appoint an Investment Manager to support the existing Private Equity team.
The business are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and team-oriented individual to join as an Investment Manager. The successful professional will be highly numerate and creative; and be able to work both independently and collaboratively within an elite, dynamic and fastpaced environment.
- Originate investment opportunities across Scotland and potentially the wider UK
- Research and evaluate sectors and investment ideas
- Promote Foresight across Scotland and build relationships with appropriate counterparties
- Communicate and present investment opportunities and theses to stakeholders
- Perform complex analytical and valuation analysis, including detailed financial modelling
- Coordinate transaction execution; including due diligence, deal structuring and legal documentation
- Assist in the management of portfolio investments, working with company Boards through the investment lifecycle to deliver the value creation plan
- Monitor performance of existing portfolio companies
- Take Board seats in portfolio companies as appropriate
- Support the wider Private Equity team as required
- Network, deal screening and analysis; along with investment structuring, terms negotiation and due diligence
This role offers an excellent opportunity for an autonomous and ambitious individual. The ideal candidate will have the following personal characteristics and experience:
- Strong academic record and relevant professional qualification (e.g. Chartered Accountant, CFA, MBA etc.). Likely sitting in an investment banking, managing consulting or professional services firm
- Highly numerate with superior accounting, corporate finance, valuation and modelling knowledge and skills
- Experience of working with, challenging and influencing Board level executives
- Capable of building lasting relationships, internally and externally, and developing a network of advisers, executives and non-Executives
- Ability to work autonomously whilst collaborating with the team
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong network or exceptional networking skills would be beneficial
- Ability to draw and present concise, evidence-based conclusions and recommendations
- Entrepreneurial and naturally inquisitive
- Attractive package commensurate with background and experience required for the role.
What to do Next
- To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, William Dodds at Rutherford Cross by emailing [email protected]
- Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.