Rutherford Cross has been exclusively engaged to support with the recruitment for an exciting, newly created investment analyst role. The position would suit an experienced investment analyst / corporate finance professional looking to move into a forward thinking, dynamic investment manager.
The firm is a well-established, successful organisation with a long-term track record of outperformance. The firm, whose investment activities are conducted through its Edinburgh office has a broad institutional client base and manages a number of funds internationally.
The role offers the opportunity to gain a unique perspective on the private equity and venture capital industry at one of the investment industry’s leading firms. This role will be responsible for evaluating new investments, monitoring existing investments, and maintaining and developing client relationships. It will also involve analysing private equity fund investment opportunities and monitoring client portfolios
In order to be considered for the role you will need:
- Graduate with a good degree pass
- CFA qualification (or expectation this will be achieved in a reasonable time frame)
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in financial markets, mainly as an analyst
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles and financial accounts is preferred, but not essential
- Experience within sell-side firms or credit analysis is preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge of FactSet, but not essential
- Evidence of the temperament required to invest counter to the dominant consensus
- Must demonstrate numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and within a small team
In return you will be offered a generous salary and benefits packaging.