Rutherford Cross are delighted to be again partnered with one of our key clients in the Utilities sector to help appoint an Internal Auditor. The organisation has grown significantly in recent years and is now seeking to grow its Internal Audit function to 3 people with this hire. You will report into the Head of Internal Audit and be responsible for completing and leading internal audit assurance reviews across the business including planning and scoping, fieldwork and reporting. Ensuring these are completed to internal audit quality standards, within budget and on a timely basis.
Ideally, the business are seeking to appoint someone from an external audit background either part or fully qualified looking for their first move into commercial industry to complement the two qualified IIA Auditors in the team already although they will consider CIA/IIA part/fully qualified Internal Auditors for this position as well. They are based in Glasgow City Centre and offer a hybrid working model, a salary of up to 40k and a range of further benefits.
- Work with the business to develop the risk management framework, internal control environment and governance processes.
- Develop and perform effective risk and control assessments for assurance and consultancy engagements; making practical recommendations to enhance risk management, control and governance.
- Complete issue follow-up and verification processes to ensure management are being held to account for agreed actions.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the business on projects where independent governance and control is required.
- Suggest and undertake continuous improvement activities within Group Internal Audit.
- Assist in preparing information for audit committee and developing a risk-based annual internal audit plan.
- Work with the external auditor and other assurance providers, as and when appropriate.
- Work with internal co-source to ensure assurance objectives are fully met.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Internal audit and / or external audit professional with experience of completing assurance and consulting reviews, including those across financial risks and controls.
- Experience of dealing with multiple senior stakeholders and a strong track record of creating positive stakeholder relations.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal audit practices and standards.
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful reports.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with business acumen, pragmatism and a good sense of diplomacy.
- High attention to detail.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity and to review a full job specification please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]