Interim Senior Management Accountant job with our Glasgow based client for a 9-month period, reporting to the Group Financial Controller.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing, reviewing, and submitting monthly management and annual statutory accounts
- Internal and external reporting
- Leading the delivery of the audit process
- Preparing budgets and forecasts
- Monthly KPI reporting
- Reviewing and submitting monthly VAT returns
- Supporting with the roll-out of new reporting system and framework
- Ongoing liaison with Advisers regarding VAT and Capital Allowances
- Ledger operation through working with relevant business units to ensure correct postings
- Processing supplier and sub-contractor transactions
- Cash flow monitoring, projection, and oversight in conjunction with bank operations, creditor management and funding utilisations
- Supporting senior management with strategic initiatives as required
To apply you will be a Qualified Accountant, preferably with a background in construction and / or house building. The post holder will have demonstrable experience in the preparation of month-end reporting and year-end statutory reporting, as well as the ability to take a strategic and commercial view. You will be an excellent communicator able to liaise effectively with various stakeholders and departments. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable adapting to and supporting the ‘go live’ of a new accounting system. Finally, you will be IT literate with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
This role does not have any direct reports.