Interim Project Accountant job with our Edinburgh based client for a 3-6 month period. This role will report directly to the Head of Business Partnering. The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Support with the preparations of business cases ensuring these are financially robust
- Provide expertise on the treatment of income and costs in line with accounting standards
- Ensure the preparation of business cases are consistent and meeting standards prior to submission
- Design and gain approval for appropriate financials hurdles and targets and ensure appropriate appraisals are carried out
- Provide and verify financial information used in business cases
- Attended internal and external meetings with key stakeholders in preparation or challenge of business cases
- Ensure that key matters such as cash flow forecasts, financial appraisal hurdles, tax & vat assumptions, interpretation of standards and policy are accurate
- Work with external advisors to ensure robust and auditable ‘Gross Value Added’ figures are used in all submissions
- Ensure appropriate standards are built and maintained for the financial model
- Ensure proposed capital projects demonstrate appropriate returns and are structured with respect to tax, VAT, discrete borrowings, etc.
- Agree ownership of ongoing information requirements and provide financial management of projects until close
- Budget and reforecast any projects during set-up and transition phases
- Establish a set of financial input metrics and own and maintain this data
- Provide ad hoc support
To apply for this role you will be a Fully Qualified or ‘Qualified by Experience’ accountant with the ability to influence and communicate effectively with stakeholders. You will be flexible and have a collaborative and proactive approach. You will have the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritise and manage change. This role will start at the end of May or early June and operates a flexible hybrid working pattern. Salary up to £50,000 p.a.