Interim Management Accountant role with our PE backed Edinburgh based client. This role will be for a 6–12-month period and will report directly to the Financial Controller.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Working closely with the project managers to ensure that budgets and spend are monitored accurately
- Preparing bimonthly bored reports and variance analysis on budget vs spend
- Performing budget checks on proposed contract approvals & updating forecasts with under or overspends
- Tracking budget amendments & transfers
- Ensuring that phasing of budget spend reflects latest work programmes
- Working with 2 Accounts Executives to prepare quarterly management accounts and support reconciliations
- Reviewing monthly VAT returns prior to submission
- Performing first review of proposed payment runs for project entities and ensuring budget comments are appropriate
- Assisting senior finance team with ad hoc queries
To apply you will be a Qualified, Part-Qualified or ‘Qualified by Experience’ Accountant with solid Excel capabilities. You will have experience in working within a project accountant environment and be comfortable liaising with key senior stakeholders.
This role will begin in June and will support hybrid working, involving occasional travel to Wales.