Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Promedics Orthopaedic Ltd to recruit an Interim Financial Controller for a period of up to 2 years.
Promedics Orthopaedics Ltd is a UK market leading supplier to the NHS specialising in Orthopaedic products. They manufacture and distribute a large range of innovative products and have exclusive UK distribution agreements with leading international brands. They employ over 120 people in the UK and pride themselves on ensuring they deliver high quality products that have been designed specifically for the UK medical market and patients needs.
The business manufactures medical devices in their 40,000 square foot facility based at their head office in Port Glasgow. In addition to their products, they are proud to be the exclusive UK distributor of world leading Aspen Medical products from the United States.
Promedics constantly listen to the needs of their customers, not only in the UK but also internationally where they sell to over 40 countries. They are very proud to represent on an exclusive basis, the world class companies of Aspen Medical Products, North Coast Medical, and Orfit.
This is an exciting time for Promedics as they continue to grow and expand revenue streams. The Financial Controller role is to cover for a secondment and also to help support the business as it goes through an exciting period of change. The first few months of the role will be focused on budget preparation and managing finance through a complex budgeting exercise and will then move on to a hands-on Financial Controller role with responsibility for a small finance team. A summary of the key aspects of the role are below:
- Work with department heads to gather information and assumptions
- Creating new cost centres to better reflect the business activities and investment areas
- Using strong financial analysis skills to tie in p/l balance sheet and cashflow
- Turning inputs into assumptions – these feed into overall budget
- Take the assumptions which are then reviewed by the Finance Director and Operations Director
- Setting up of relevant cost centres
- Preparing the budget and setting up the systems to report on the budget
- Overseeing a team of 4 finance staff – reviewing workload, managing appraisals etc
- Adapt the monthly management accounts for 2022
- Managing the month end calendar
- Month end reporting to the parent company
- Work on initiatives such as improvements with reporting, adapt to new requirements as business develops
- Supporting the Finance Director with ad-hoc project work
The company are seeking a fully qualified accountant with recent experience in a hands on Financial Controller role. Strong budgeting experience is key as well as having a strong understanding of how P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash all tie in. Experience of working in a business through a period of change would be helpful as well as experience of working with ERP systems and supporting with system changes.
The business are offering a long term contract role where you will be an integral part of finance and will gain exposure to various parts of the business including high levels of interaction with commercial teams and senior management. The role will adapt and change as it progresses offering plenty of variety and opportunity to be involved in project work and drive positive changes as the business develops. For more information on the salary and benefits on offer for this role please get in touch for a confidential discussion.