Rutherford Cross is working with a leading business based in central Glasgow who have had highly impressive results over the last few years and have a robust, established finance function. Working for an organisation who pride themselves on their family history and strong relationships with customers, you will be joining the finance team for a fixed period of 12 months to cover a maternity leave. As Financial Controller you will report into the Head of Finance and be responsible for a team of 7. A summary of some of the key responsibilities are below:
- Preparing monthly management accounts with supporting commentary and analysis, ensuring reporting deadlines are met
- Preparation and management of balance sheet control account reconciliations
- Involvement and overseeing the statutory accounts and year end process
- Managing the external audit process along with the financial accountant including preparation of the audit file and liaising with the external auditors
- Managing and mentoring the team
- Identifying any process/reporting improvements
For this role it is essential that the successful candidate is a fully qualified accountant – CA/ACCA/CIMA who has been recently operating at Finance Manager/Controller level. The role requires someone who can be hands on and be involved in management/statutory reporting as well as leading a team. Ideally you will come from a large company background and have experience of working in sizeable, comple business. This position will start in November and is offering a highly competitive salary, good benefits package and a long term contract.