We are delighted to be working with a market leading, UK listed Energy company in their search for an Accountant to join the tax team in either Glasgow or Perth (with work from home options).
Working within the finance function, you will be operating in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment. Part of your job will be assisting the function in their role to ensure the business gathers, compiles, analyses the financial strategy for the businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value. The Indirect Tax Accountant will work with the other members of the Indirect Tax Team to help ensure VAT and Environmental tax obligations are met.
- VAT compliance: carry out review work across the group, in relation to VAT return preparation and submission, as well as internal processes
- VAT advisory: provide advice to the group across a range of indirect tax areas, including VAT liability, recoverability and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Training: develop and deliver training to non-tax staff
- HMRC: communication with HMRC regarding indirect tax issues, as required
- Qualified Accountant from an accounting firm or industry setting
- Strong academic record
- Highly motivated, with excellent communication and time management skills
- Good knowledge of indirect tax legislation and practical experience of applying this to businesses
- Practical knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Oracle)
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.