Rutherford Cross is working exclusively with Peter Vardy to recruit a Head Office Accountant to be based at their HQ in Glasgow.
Peter Vardy Ltd is a fresh and vibrant company and one of the most exciting new names in the motor retail industry. Peter Vardy comes with a refreshed approach to car sales and a mission to bring something different to both guests and partners.
Operating Seven Main Franchises Across Scotland: Vauxhall, BMW, MINI, Jaguar, Land Rover, Porsche and CarStore.
Peter Vardy has grown substantially over the last 10 years starting out with 1 dealership and 30 colleagues in 2006 to 12 dealerships and 836 colleagues in 2016, celebrating its 10th Birthday in June 2016. Peter Vardy secured number 22 in the Sunday Times Top Track 250 in 2016 with a turnover of £437.3m last year.
For more information on Peter Vardy please follow this link: https://www.petervardy.com/
The Head Office Accountant will be expected to support the Group Financial Accountant in ensuring the Group achieves its financial objectives. In doing so the candidate will be expected to perform the following responsibilities:
- Ensures monthly Management Accounts are submitted on time and accurately in line with group deadlines
- Ensure weekly and monthly forecast are submitted timely and accurately in line with group deadlines
- Ensures monthly payroll is submitted on time and accurately in line with group deadlines
- Processes quarterly VAT return timely and accurately in line with group deadlines
- Team Management, including weekly priority meetings, quarterly Are You on Tracks and annual PDP's
- Fully reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly, including Debtors, Creditors and all VSB suffix accounts. Ensure the SL, PL and VSB are closed in line with team deadlines
- Complete Accounts Analysis (Month and Rolling 12) in advance of monthly ops reviews
- Authorises all invoices on a daily basis to ensure the invoice register is kept at a manageable level
- Holds Monthly Operational Reviews with Heads of Departments within Vardy Central, ensuring minutes are recorded and distributed to GFC and FD
- Holds monthly debt review meetings, with particular emphasis on Vauxhall bonus debt and finance commission debtors
Reporting directly to the Group Financial Accountant the Head Office Accountant will be a highly experienced individual who can demonstrate outstanding leadership and control whilst benefiting from strong interpersonal skills. The role will demand a high calibre candidate with a sound technical ability.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Big 4 accountancy firm background
- Two to four years post qualified
- Driven and motivated individual used to working in a demanding and fast paced working environment
- A strong technical accounting ability
- Must be a strong communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Being able to deal communicate and work with both financial and non-financial stakeholders of the business
- Must be able to prioritise workloads in an efficient and effective manner and to be able to work on their own initiative
- Self-motivated and a key team player
Package: £40,000- £45,000 with a fully expensed car and additional benefits.