Rutherford Cross are delighted to be retained by one of our long-standing clients that are based in Leith, to recruit a Head Office Accountant. This role is best suited to those who are part-qualified accountant who is actively studying or suitably qualified by experience accountant that can come in and provide a good insight into their process.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts pack for Head Office including, but not limited to, Group Income Statement, Head Office Income Statement, narrative on Head Office monthly result with explanation of variance to budget and prior periods, Balance Sheet Reconciliation Packs, Head Office 12 month rolling cash flow preparation and group traffic statistics
- Manage the Group-wide payments/recharging throughout the ports/assets including items such as audit, IT and insurance charges, and liaising with the rest of the Group divisions
- Ensure that all intercompany transactions within the group are reconciled on a monthly basis and ensure any variances are resolved with the appropriate Division
- Prepare Head Office annual budget and 5-year plan, liaising with senior team members where required and meet set deadlines
To be successful in this role you will require the following experience:
- Degree level educated
- Excellent spreadsheet & numeracy skills
- Part Qualified actively studying or QBE accountant
- Minimum 2 years in an accounting role of a similar nature
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and administration skills
This role offers a full study support package to the successful candidate and provides good room for progression within a growing business.