Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by C&C Group in Glasgow, to recruit a Head of Internal Audit.
C&C Group manufactures, markets and distributes branded beer, cider, wine, spirits, and soft drinks across the UK and Ireland. C&C Group’s portfolio of brands include Bulmers, Tennent’s, Magners as well as a range of fast-growing, super-premium, and craft ciders and beers, such as Heverlee, Menabrea and Orchard Pig. C&C exports its Magners and Tennent’s brands to over 60 countries worldwide.
n exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Internal Audit. This is a unique role in Glasgow - to lead the assurance function within one of Scotland’s most successful and dynamic businesses. This position is an integral role within C&C Group and reports directly into the CFO, with a dotted line report to the Chair of the Audit Committee.
The successful candidate will own the audit plan in its entirety, providing assurance to shareholders through the Audit Committee, to the Leadership Team and to functional management. Managing a small team of two Internal Auditors, the focus of this role is the assessment and improvement of the risk and controls framework across all C&C Business Units.
- Create, manage and deliver a risk-based annual Audit Plan, as approved by the Audit Committee
- Undertake internal audit reviews based on the annual Audit Plan, reviewing business processes and recommending control improvements
- Provide management and the Audit Committee with written reports of the results and recommendations of each piece of work undertaken
- Follow up on management’s response to Internal Audit recommendations to determine if agreed upon internal control improvements have been implemented
- Present findings and progress with the Audit Plan to the Audit Committee at least quarterly and provide an annual summary of the control environment to the Audit Committee
- Support good governance by undertaking ad hoc projects/investigations as and when required, including whistleblowing reports or suspected fraudulent activity
- Maintain Internal Audit standards and procedures
- Co-ordinate the risk management process, ensuring the group risk register is updated on a regular basis. Ensure that the risk management process is embedded and continues to function on an on-going basis
- Business point of contact for governance and control queries, including whistleblowing
- Conduct regular meetings (including site visits) with BU management / legal / Group business functions to understand the risk environment
Key Skills / Attributes:
- Confident individual with a strong technical background in internal audit
- Strong understanding of best practice approaches to risk management and internal controls
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with business acumen, pragmatism and a good sense of diplomacy
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels
- Highly developed verbal and written presentation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Motivated self-starter with a flexible working attitude and ability to work autonomously
- Degree educated
- Qualified accountant, or Internal Audit professional, with appropriate post-qualification experience
- Full UK Driving License
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full Position Profile, please contact retained advisor Amy Peoples at Rutherford Cross on T: 07494280152 or E: [email protected].