Rutherford Cross is working with one of Scotland's most successful drinks business to recruit a Group Financial Reporting Accountant. This is a great opportunity to join a company with exceptional brands and exciting growth plans.
This position is a fantastic first move into industry for a CA looking to make their first move into industry. The successful candidate will have strong technical accounting skills and will be a self-starter, regularly using their own initiative. The post-holder will enjoy taking on project work, building relationships across a multitude of finance departments and taking ownership for stat accounts preparation and interaction with internal and external auditors.
- Play a key role in the delivery of the statutory financial reporting process through planning, compliance, accuracy and completeness of the group and subsidiary statutory accounts in line with legal requirements and in-house timeframes, including reporting to the Audit Committee
- Partner with the Group Tax team to prepare the necessary disclosures for the Group and individual subsidiary statutory accounts
- Support with the delivery of the group consolidation for the year end statutory financial reporting process ensuring compliance, completeness and accuracy of all information.
- Lead the day-to-day management of the statutory reporting process within the Group, ensuring appropriate guidance is issued to local finance teams and the relevant central finance functions are engaged in the process and aware of key deadlines
- Build relationships with the external auditors to ensure all audit requirements are delivered in line with the statutory reporting timetable
- Develop level of technical awareness and expertise in all areas of statutory reporting to enable the support and delivery of financial reporting and related team and function initiatives, including leading the training of local finance teams and new joiners
- Support the development and on-going maintenance of the Group Finance Manual, ensuring it remains up to date and reflects the changing business needs and regulatory environment
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Salary up to £40,000
- Company pension
- Annual Bonus
- Product allowance
- Working Hours: 8-4:30 Mon-Thurs, 8-2:30 Fri