Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by CCG Group in Glasgow to bring to market a newly created Group Financial Controller for the business.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to join a successful and well established privately owned business going through a strong period of growth.
This would suit a career focused professional as it is envisaged that this individual will step up into the Finance Director role in a relatively short period of time.
CCG Group is one of the largest privately-owned construction and manufacturing groups in Scotland. Operational from a purpose-built hub in Glasgow, the company employs over 700 people across a fully integrated group structure that comprises a mix of construction, manufacturing, planned maintenance, mechanical and electrical services, flooring supply and multi-utilities.
The position will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Managing the accounts team in their daily duties
- Assisting in the preparation and control of the monthly and quarterly management accounts for all the group companies
- Responsibility for all statutory demands placed on the group by HMRC including VAT and PAYE
- Preparation of draft financial statements for audit purposes including the group consolidated figures
- Dealing with the demands of the annual audit culminating in the preparation of the group’s financial figures in conjunction with the auditors
- Working with other departments within the group to assist and improve the internal control systems and operating procedures of the group
- Advancing the system of financial controls within the group
- Reporting direct to the Group Finance Director
Preferred Candidate Background:
- Degree qualified with a strong academic track record
- Professionally qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA) with PQE consummate with a role at this level of responsibility
- Proven track record in leading and motivating teams within and across functions
- Experience of developing outstanding relationships across the businesses
- Experience in presenting at senior management level
- A proven relationship builder with the ability to increase co-operation across departments and sites
- Construction experience would be highly beneficial but not essential
- Knowledgeable on current accounting standards and any proposed changes that are applicable to the business
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to workload
- Strong analytical, organisational and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with an ability to influence key members of senior management
- Ability to assess and drive business improvement projects
For more information/review a full position profile please get in touch with our retained advisor John Ramsay