Rutherford Cross is pleased to be partnered with a leading provider of waste management and resource recovery solutions to help appoint a Group Financial Accountant. Our client is based in Glasgow and operate a hybrid working model. On offer is a salary of £45-50k (dependent on experience).
This is a superb opportunity to join a diverse business with excellent progression pathways. The business has grown organically & through acquisition since formed in 2017. The Group Financial Accountant will be expected to support the integration of these businesses alongside the standard duties.
Ideally, we are looking to speak with industry newly or recently qualified accountants seeking a step up their career. The role requires a confident individual with experience of working in a fast-paced finance function.
- Management of balance sheet and profit and loss account for Group companies
- Consolidating month-end results for the multi-entity Group within the reporting timetable
- Assist with monthly and quarterly bank reporting requirements
- Assist with implementation of best-practice processes and controls across the Group to ensure rigour and compliance of ongoing efficient production of financial information
- Assist in preparing annual consolidated and around 30 subsidiary statutory accounts compliant with IFRS.
- Assist with managing the annual Group audit process
- Assist with various VAT and Corporation tax compliance requests
- Assisting the FP&A team with month-end reporting requirements
- Assisting with various ad hoc tasks for external stakeholders
- Reconciling all intercompany relationships, investigating and ensuring errors are corrected on a timely basis
- Problem solving mindset
- Solid consolidation accounting experience preferred
- Working within a complex, fast paced finance function
- Newly qualified professional accountant (CIMA/CA/ACA)
- Excellent team player who can develop effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate confidently both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates sufficient confidence and expertise to challenge numbers and finance processes
- Quick learner with a flexible approach to work
- Strong Excel skills and ability to pick up and drive process and system developments
- Will take pride in accuracy of work and timeliness of delivery
- Ability to work with high volumes of data and highly numerate
- Logical approach to work
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross on 07432482882 / [email protected]