Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering with Finsbury Food Group to appoint a Group Finance Manager in their Purchasing team. As a key member of the Group Finance Team, the key purpose of the role is to drive EBITDA growth and optimum stock and cash efficiency through excellent financial leadership, analysis and decision support to the Purchasing Team and across the wider business. The role entails day to day detailed accountability for performance, forecasting and decision making as well as strategic projects.
REPORTS TO: Group Supply Chain Financial Controller with close working relationships with the Purchasing Team, Supply Chain Teams & Site Finance Teams.
LOCATION: Flexible (Cardiff, Hamilton, Manchester, Salisbury & Sheffield). Occasional travel to other sites & locations as required
- Partner our Purchasing team to improve business processes and ensure financial targets are met. Key focus areas are purchasing processes, commodity forecasts, purchase price variance reporting, managing and reporting overriders, discount structures and rebates.
- Deliver accurate weekly & monthly financial information to the business in a methodical and timely manner.
- To provide senior management with KPIs (financial and non-financial) and periodic reports on trading forecasts, budgets and targets, highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Providing all purchasing financial information required for the annual budget and periodic forecasts and strategic reporting (outlook +3 years).
- Coordinate the underlying pricing assumptions for these projections.
- Report on contracts, hedging and financial implications of purchasing strategies.
- Act as the gatekeeper on all tenders by carrying out a financial review and making recommendation where applicable.
- To support the costing of new products being developed through provision of forward-looking material prices.
- Ensure alignment between our financial reporting and our business reporting tool (Power BI).
- Support and drive our Value Engineering activity across the Group, this will involve partnering the purchasing and site teams to deliver our targets on VE.
- Work closely with our supply chain colleagues to assess the financial implications of decisions in terms of stockholding, consignment stocks, distribution, write offs and supplier payment terms.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- CIMA or ACCA qualified with a minimum two years post qualification experience.
- Previous experience gained within FMCG and/or manufacturing is essential.
- Evidence of strong reporting, financial control and business partnering within a complex fast-moving environment.
- Excellent planning / organisational skills to manage and prioritise workload effectively to strict deadlines.
- Works effectively under pressure with attention to detail and accuracy.
- A team player with sound judgement who can communicate, influence and work effectively at all levels.
- Builds relationships with peers and seniors across multiple locations.
- Salary £40,000-£50,000
- Company Pension
- 34 days holiday including stats