Calnex Solutions is an innovative and highly successful company that develops software that tests the latest network equipment.
Due to impressive growth, a Group CFO position has arisen at Linlithgow based Calnex Solutions. This is a Board level role and the successful candidate will play a critical role in the company’s strategic growth.
Calnex Solutions plans to continue to increase global market share of the telecommunications testing industry through the identification and acquisition of companies complimenting its strategic plan and company vision. This entails moving into new global markets, organically and through acquisition, which brings a high degree of complexity to the process, including understanding other business cultures and processes. As such, it is imperative the Group CFO is a proven self-starter with a track record of performing within a dynamic, high growth environment with previous exposure to M&A / Corporate Finance / Transaction Services at a senior level.
Given the market Calnex operates in is of a cyclical nature, efficiency is key to maintain as much consistency as possible. It is envisaged that the Group CFO will take an active interest in understanding the end to end business in order to identify strategic projects to control costs and maximise revenue.
Calnex Solutions is an efficient company, with world-class processes, systems and controls, however as future acquisitions are identified, the appointed Group Chief Financial Officer will work in collaboration with the Group Chief Executive Officer to design the appropriate ongoing global structure and deliver integrations where necessary.
The Group CFO will be a Board member and report to the Group CEO. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Finance, IT and Legal for the Calnex Group, based in Linlithgow with offices in Belfast & Berlin, as well as entities in USA and China plus employees in Hong Kong, Malaysia and India.
The Group CFO will be expected to show dynamic leadership in all areas of finance. The successful candidate will be experienced and able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, and enjoy working in a leading edge technology company who pride themselves on their inclusive, innovative and supportive company culture. Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with setting the strategy of the Group, in particular managing risk and capital investment.
- Lead the continual improvement of a strong control and reporting culture.
- Engage effectively with business operations, developing future financial projections, forecasting and translate Group strategy into outstanding operational performance.
- Work closely with the Head of the Audit Committee and Auditors to ensure adherence to accounting standards with good corporate governance standards maintained at all times.
- Play a key role in Investor Relations alongside the CEO.
- Understand in detail the debt financing and treasury function arrangements of the Group, and manage the structure and any associated risks accordingly.
- Manage an appropriate corporate and tax structure for the business.
- Manage, coach, develop and hire outstanding individuals to strengthen the Finance, IT and Legal teams as the business grows.
- Demonstrate success in M&A and commercial activities, such as constructing new licensing deals, acquisitions etc., either in a corporate finance or strategic development role in a major corporation.
This role requires an agile, strategic thinker and proactive operator, with a very progressive career to date. The successful individual may have a few years’ experience at Chief Financial Officer level, showing dynamism and drive, or may be an experienced, highly capable number two, ready to move into the number one role as Chief Financial Officer.
Given the acquisition plans, the Group Chief Financial Officer will have Corporate Finance/Transaction Services/M&A experience at a senior level, with experience of moving into new global markets being highly advantageous.
To support Calnex Solutions though all potential future cooperate structures, it is imperative the Group Chief Financial Officer has had exposure to a listed business and is familiar with manging investor relations. The Chief Financial Officer will play an active part in all future directions of the cooperate structure. The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing the development of the funding structure to support the company’s growth aspirations.
The Chief Financial Officer will have a proven track record of adding significant value through the identification and delivery of strategic projects, implementing commercially viable solutions where necessary, coupled with a background in continually evaluating and restructuring a complex organisation.
To read more about Calnex Solutions click here
What’s on offer and what to do next?
The position offers an attractive financial package which includes share options, competitive base salary, and performance related bonus.
For a confidential discussion, see a full Position Profile or to register your interest in general, please contact the retained search partner at Rutherford Cross (Livingston James Group), Laura Montgomery, on [email protected]. Please note that any direct or third party applications will be sent to Livingston James Group for review and assessment.